[Health Homepage] [Oswego County Homepage]
Emergency Medical Services
WHAT IS EMS?
- EMTs (Emergency Medical Technicians)-who care for the injured at the accident scene and on the way to the hospital Ambulances-with life-saving equipment
- A telephone number-for calling a dispatcher to send an ambulance
- A communications system such as a two-way radio for the EMTs in the ambulance to call the hospital to get orders from the doctors on duty and inform them of what to expect upon patient arrival
- Hospitals equipped with emergency rooms and other patient services to handle most emergencies
- Trauma Centers-hospitals that can deal 24 hours a day with serious injuries
Questions about Oswego County EMS?