Oswego County Homepage
CHHA & Long Term Care
Children With Special Needs
Notice of Privacy Practices
STDs & HIV
Download our brochure!
Oswego County Hospice offers a comprehensive program of home care for terminally ill persons who are no longer receiving aggressive or curative medical care. The goals of Hospice are to promote optimum comfort and a personal sense of control with a focus on the quality of life. The hospice program also offers an opportunity for personal and spiritual healing. Oswego County Hospice honors each individual´s belief system.
Hospice care can help when you...
- Would rather remain at home throughout the duration of your terminal illness
- Want your medical treatment to focus on comfort
- Need to keep pain or other physical symptoms under control
- Need assistance with personal care and grooming
- Want support for yourself and significant persons in your life
- Need the availability of professional support and guidance, day or night
- Would like professional support to assist you in coordinating needed services
Hospice offers the following services...
- Equipment, supplies, and covered medications
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- 24-hour RN on-call for consultation
Hospice offers the following services to loved ones...
- Follow-up contact by letter, phone, or visit during the first year after the death of their loved one
- Personal counseling and support groups
- Availability of Hospice staff by phone
- Referrals to community resources