[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Oct. 7, 2005
Apples Are Delicious In Oswego County!
Oswego County -- This year's apple season promises to be Red Delicious, Honey Crisp and MacIntosh in Oswego County. Oswego County's many agri-tourism businesses welcome apple lovers to pick apples, purchase fresh apple cider and the other fall favorites - pumpkins and gourds.
Oswego County's bountiful harvest of fruits and vegetables can be found at the following u-pick farms and markets:
- Appledale Orchards, 6018 NYS Route 3, Mexico. 315/963-3628. Fruit, pumpkins, cider, honey and maple syrup. Seasonal hours daily, September-November.
- Applegrove Farms, 5987 NYS Route 3, Mexico. 315/963-7504. Apples and other fruit, pies, fudge, country gifts, cider. Open daily June-November.
- Behling Orchards U-Pick, 114 Potter Road, Mexico. 315/963-7068, www.behlingorchards.com. Strawberries, raspberries, sour cherries. Retail and u-pick. watch cider being made. Pony and wagon rides, and a corn maze on weekends. Open daily 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Sept. 1- Oct. 31.
- T. Gerald Clark Farm, 280 Hurlbut Road, Mexico. 315/963-7559. U-pick and retail apples.
- Fruit Valley Orchard, 507 Bunker Hill Road, Oswego. 315/342-3793. Retail and U-pick sweet and sour cherries, raspberries, plums, pears, apple, other fruit, bedding plants and fruit juices. Open seasonal hours, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday; Sunday, 1-5 p.m. Apples, U-pick, fruits and vegetables, cider, flowers, mums, gourmet juices, maple syrup.
- Maple Help Stock Farms, 207 Hurlbut Road, Mexico. 315/963-7558. Apples, U-pick, farm market, cider.
- Ontario Orchards, NYS Route 104W, Oswego. 315/343-6328, www.ontarioorchards.com. Apples, cider, fruits and vegetables.
- Sage Creek, 139 Minckler Road, Mexico, 315/963-4849. Retail and u-pick apples and blueberries. Other gift items such as jams, jellies, flavored vinegars. Seasonal hours, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday 1 to 6 p.m.
- Wadsworth Farm, 307 W. Fifth St. Road, Oswego. 315/342-2630. Apples, U-pick, farm market.
For more information on picking your own fruit in Oswego County, contact Dena Fiacchino at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County, phone 963-7286 or go to www.pickyourown.org. For information on fall events taking place in Oswego County, call 1-800-248-4FUN or visit www.oswegocounty.com
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?