[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Jan. 13, 2006
Legislature Chairman Johnson Announces 2006 Standing Committees
OSWEGO - Oswego County Legislature Chairman Russ W. Johnson (District 25, Fulton) has announced appointments to the county Legislature's standing committees for 2006.
The seven standing committees make policy and budgetary recommendations to the full Legislature and oversee departments of county government. The committees will meet in the County Office Building, 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego.
The 2006 standing committees are:
- Community and Consumer Affairs Committee: Jerry D. Thomas (District 1, Sandy Creek, Redfield and Boylston) is committee chairman. Jack Beckwith (District 21, Hannibal) is vice chairman. Members include Shawn Doyle (District 3, Pulaski and Richland); Douglas Malone (District 20, Town of Oswego); Arthur Ospelt (District 12, Schroeppel and Hastings); Kimberly Seager (District 10, Phoenix, Schroeppel, Volney); and Philip Vasho (District 22, Fulton and Granby). The committee oversees the Board of Elections, Central Services, County Clerk's Office, Real Property Tax, and Weights and Measures Office. It will meet at 2 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month.
- Economic Development and Planning Committee: Fred Beardsley (District 9, Central Square and Hastings) is chairman and Kevin Gardner (District 13, New Haven and Scriba) is vice chairman. Members include Jack Beckwith, Barbara Brown (District 8, Palermo, Hastings, Schroeppel); Daniel Chalifoux (District 19, Minetto, Town of Oswego, Hannibal, Granby); Shawn Doyle; and Paul Natoli (District 11,Volney). The committee oversees the departments of Promotion and Tourism and Planning and Community Development, and will meet at 2 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
Finance and Personnel Committee: Gregory Osetek (District 15, City of Oswego) is chairman and Michael Kunzwiler (District 18, City of Oswego) is vice chairman. Members include Fred Beardsley, Tom Bullard (District 14, Scriba); Michael French (District 23, Granby); John Proud (District 7, Mexico); Jerry Thomas and Philip Vasho. The committee oversees the Audit division, County Administrator's Office, County Treasurer's Office, and Personnel and Purchasing departments, and will meet at 2 p.m. on the first Tuesday following the fourth Tuesday of each month.
- Health and Human Services Committee: John Proud is chairman and Barbara Brown is vice chairwoman. The committee includes Daniel Chalifoux, Arthur Gearsbeck (District 6, West Monroe and Hastings); Leonard Ponzi (District 17, City of Oswego and Scriba); Paul Santore (District 16, City of Oswego); and Kim Seager. The committee oversees the departments of Social Services, Health, Office for the Aging, Veterans' Services and Youth Bureau, and will meet at 10 a.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
Infrastructure and Facilities Committee: Barry Leemann (District 4, Amboy, Parish, Williamstown, Hastings) is chairman and Philip Vasho is vice chairman. The committee includes Paul Natoli, Clayton Brewer (District 24, Fulton and Granby); Michael French; Kevin Gardner; Arthur Ospelt; Leonard Ponzi; and Milferd Potter (District 2, Orwell, Albion, Williamstown, Richland). The committee oversees the county airport, the divisions of highway and solid waste, and the Buildings and Grounds department, and will meet at 10 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
- Government Operations and Law Committee: James Bryant (District 5, Constantia) is chairman and Paul Santore is vice chairman. Members are Michael Kunzwiler, Barry Leemann, Douglas Malone, Gregory Osetek, and John Proud. The committee oversees the Clerk of the Legislature's Office, County Attorney's Office, County Legislature and Office of the Chairman, and the District Attorney's Office, and will meet at 10 a.m. on the fourth Monday of the month.
- Public Safety and Emergency Services Committee: Tom Bullard is chairman and Clayton Brewer is vice chairman. Members include James Bryant, Arthur Gearsbeck, Leonard Ponzi, Milferd Potter and Paul Santore. The committee oversees the E-911 Program, Emergency Management Office, Fire Coordinator's Office, Probation Department and Sheriff's Office, and will meet at 2 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?