[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Feb. 3, 2006
Youth Bureau Is Accepting Applications for Summer Jobs at Camp Hollis
OSWEGO -- The Oswego City-County Youth Bureau is accepting applications for summer jobs at Camp Hollis.
The children's residential camp is owned by Oswego County and operated by the youth bureau. The camp is located in the town of Oswego on the shore of Lake Ontario. Children 8 to 14 stay in cabins for a week and take part in a variety of summer camp activities. Most of the jobs require staying at Camp Hollis from Sunday evening through Friday evening each week.
Applications are being accepted for the following jobs:
- Counselor: Must be at least age 17, with organized camp or recreation experience. June 25 to Aug. 18.
- Group activity leader: Must be at least age 17 with camp counseling or related experience; knowledge of specific activity area. June 25 to Aug. 18.
- Waterfront director: Must be at least age 21, have current WSI certificates and three seasons of life-guarding experience. June 25 to Aug. 18; some pre-season non-residential work required.
- Lifeguard/counselor: Must be at least age 17 and have current lifesaving and CPR certificates. June 25 to Aug. 18.
- Kitchen helper/counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, with kitchen work experience. June 25 to Aug. 18.
The following jobs do not require staying at Camp Hollis:
- Camp nurse: Must be certified or licensed physician, physician's assistant, RN, LPN or EMT. Experience in nursing or first aid. Day and evening shifts available, June 25 to Aug. 18.
- Weekend security guard: Must be at least age 18, and have experience in security work. April 22 through Oct. 30 as needed.
- Evening security guard: Must be at least age 18, emotionally mature, with experience providing security for facilities. Sunday through Thursday night shift, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., June 25 through Aug. 17.
For applications and additional information, call or write to the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau, 70 Bunner St., Oswego, 13126; phone 349-3451 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3451. Applications are also available on the Youth Bureau's Web site at www.oswegocounty.com/youth/hollis/index.html
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?