[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Sept. 29, 2006
It's Apple and Pumpkin Season in Oswego County
Whether you're looking for a delicious treat or an enjoyable activity for the family, Oswego County has it all in the fall. Spend a day apple picking for red delicious, honey crisp, or MacIntosh apples, or take the family to pick out a prize pumpkin that is perfect for carving.
Oswego County's many agri-tourism businesses welcome visitors to pick apples, purchase fresh apple cider, and browse through bushels of pumpkins and gourds.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County provides the following suggestions for u-pick farms and markets. Each offers a wide variety of fall favorites to fulfill your seasonal needs:
- Appledale Orchards, 6018 NYS Route 3, Mexico. 315/963-3628. Fruit, pumpkins, squash, cider, honey and maple syrup. Open daily 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m., September-October; 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. in November.
- Applegrove Farms, 5987 NYS Route 3, Mexico. 315/963-7504. Apples and other fruit, pies, fudge, country gifts, cider. BBQ chicken Saturdays and Sundays. Open daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m. June-November.
- Behling Orchards, 114 Potter Road, Mexico. 315/963-7068, www.behlingorchards.com. Apples, pumpkins, cider, squash, Indian corn, gourds, honey, maple syrup, and wine. Retail and u-pick. Tours available, corn maze for children, and hay rides on weekends. Open daily 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fruit Valley Orchard, 507 Bunker Hill Road, Oswego. 315/342-3793. Retail and u-pick sweet and sour cherries, plums, pears, and apples. Also available: peaches, nectarines, pumpkins, squash, honey, maple syrup, cider, and mums. Open seasonal hours, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 1-5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Maple Help Stock Farms, 207 Hurlbut Road, Mexico. 315/963-7558. Apples, u-pick, maple cream, maple syrup, and cider. Open daily 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Ontario Orchards, NYS Route 104W, Oswego. 315/343-6328, www.ontarioorchards.com. Apples, cider, cherries, prunes, farm market, and Christmas trees. Horse drawn wagon for children. Open daily 8 a.m.-8 p.m. year round.
- Sage Creek Orchards, 139 Minckler Road, Mexico, 315/963-3486. Retail and u-pick apples and blueberries. Other gift items such as jams, jellies, flavored vinegars, fudge, and country gifts. Seasonal hours daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wadsworth Farm, 307 W. Fifth St. Road, Oswego. 315/342-2630. Apples, u-pick, farm market, pears, peaches, plums, honey, maple syrup, and more. Bring the children to see the farm animals and play in the hay. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday.
For more information on picking your own fruit in Oswego County, visit www.pickyourown.org. For information of fall events taking place in Oswego County, call 1-800-248-4FUN.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?