[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Feb. 26, 2007
Youth Bureau Is Taking Applications for Camp Hollis Jobs
Applications are currently being accepted for summer jobs at Camp Hollis. Camp Hollis is a children's residential camp owned by Oswego County and operated by the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau. The camp is located in the town of Oswego on the shore of Lake Ontario.
Children ages 8 to 14 attend camp for one week and participate in a variety of summer camp activities. The jobs require residency at Camp Hollis from Sunday evening through Friday evening each week, with weekends off.
Applications are being accepted for these positions:
- Camp Director: Must possess a bachelor's degree (education, recreation or related field preferred), or be 25 years of age, with experience in recreation and 24 weeks of administrative or supervisory experience. June 1 to Sept. 1 with additional pre-season paid duties.
- Assistant Director/Counselor-in-Training Director: Must be at least 18 years of age with two seasons' experience working with children in an organized program and experience supervising teens in an organized program. June 4 to Aug. 17.
- Group Activity Leader: Must be at least 17 years of age with camp counseling or related experience; knowledge of specific activity area. June 24 to Aug. 17.
- Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. June 24 to Aug. 17.
- Waterfront Director: Must be at least 21 years of age, have current WSI certificates and three seasons' lifeguarding experience. June 18 to Aug 17.
- Lifeguard/counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, have current lifesaving and CPR certificates and experience in recreation or childcare. June 24 to Aug. 17.
- Assistant Kitchen Manager: Must be at least 18 years old and have one year of training or experience in professional kitchen work. June 25 to Aug. 17 (This position does not require residency).
- Senior Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, with experience in kitchen work, supervision and childcare. June 24 to Aug.17.
- Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work and childcare experience. June 24 to Aug. 17.
For job applications and additional information, contact Jim Farfaglia at the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau by calling 349-3451 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3451 or by .
Employment applications are also available by visiting Camp Hollis' Web site at www.oswegocounty.com/youth/hollis.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?