[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
March 7, 2008
Youth Bureau Announces Summer Jobs at Camp Hollis
Applications are currently being accepted for summer jobs at Camp Hollis, the children's residential camp operated by the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau. The facility is owned by the County of Oswego and located in the town of Oswego on the shore of Lake Ontario. Children ages 8 to 14 attend camp for one week and participate in a variety of summer camp activities.
The jobs require residency at Camp Hollis from Sunday evening through Friday evening each week, with weekends off. Applications are being accepted for these positions:
- Residential Summer Camp Director (plus pre-season administrative work): June 28 to Aug. 22, full-time; and part-time, flexible hours from March through June preparing for the upcoming season. Must possess a bachelor's degree (education, recreation or related field preferred), or be 25 years of age, with experience in recreation and 24 weeks of administrative or supervisory experience. Duties include on-site supervision of staff, campers and program Compensation: $5,691 for residential position plus $13.55/hour for pre-season work.
- Assistant Director/Counselor-in-Training Director: June 9 to Aug. 22; must be at least 18 years of age with 2 seasons experience working with children in an organized program and experience supervising teens in an organized program. $3,753.
- Group Activity Leader: June 28 to Aug. 22; must be at least 17 years of age with camp counseling or related experience; knowledge of specific activity (arts and crafts, nature, sports). $2,380.
- Counselor: June 28 to Aug. 22; must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. Compensation range: $2,000 to $2,125.
- Waterfront Director: June 23 to Aug 22; must be at least 21 years of age, have current WSI certificates and 3 seasons life guarding experience. $2,835.
- Lifeguard/Counselor: June 28 to Aug. 22; must be at least 17 years of age, have current lifesaving and CPR certificates and experience in recreation or childcare. $2,240.
- Senior Kitchen Helper/Counselor: June 28 - Aug.22; must be at least 17 years of age, with experience in kitchen work, supervision and childcare. $2,268.
- Kitchen Helper/Counselor: June 28 to Aug. 22; must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work and childcare experience. $2,000.
For job applications and additional information, contact Jim Farfaglia at the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau, phone 349-3451 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3451 or by . Employment applications are also available by visiting the Camp Hollis Web site.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?