[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
July 22, 2008
County Highway Department Plans Summer Paving Projects
The Oswego County Highway Department plans to re-pave nearly 22 miles of county roads this summer. There are 26 projects scheduled, mostly in the eastern and central areas of the county because of the Route 104 bridge closure in Oswego.
Due to increased prices of fuel and asphalt, the department has cut back its original 2008 schedule and postponed some projects. County Highway Superintendent Kurt Ospelt said the list of paving projects may be adjusted as the season progresses.
The following projects are scheduled:
- Hastings: County Route 45 between U.S. Route 11 and French Street
- Redfield: County Route 17 starting at the town barn and north for 1 mile
- Albion and Richland: County Route 48 between the Salmon River and County Route 2;
- Palermo: County Route 4 between state Route 3 and Catfish Creek
- Hastings: County Route 37 starting at U.S. Route 11 and south for 1 mile
- Volney: County Route 45 between County Routes 53 and 57
- Williamstown: County Route 19 between state Route 13 and Case Road
- Richland: County Route 2A starting at state Route 13 and north for 1 mile
- West Monroe: County Route 26 between county Routes 11 and 23
- Constantia: County Route 23 starting at Scriba Creek and north for 1 mile
- Constantia: County Route 23 starting at Route 23B and east for 1 mile
- Constantia: County Route 23 from starting at county Route 65 and north for .3-mile
- Volney: County Route 176 starting at Rowlee Road and north for 1 mile
- New Haven: County Route 6 starting at state Route 104 and south for 1.1 mile
- Boylston: County Route 13 starting at County Route 50 and west for 1 mile
- Albion and Parish: County Route 22 starting at State Route 104 and south for 1.4 mile
- Mexico: County Route 58A between state Route 104 and county Route 58;
- Mexico: County Route 58 intersection with U.S. Route 11
- Richland: County Route 5 starting at U.S. Route 11 and west for 1 mile
- Orwell: County Route 22 between county Route 2 and Tubbs Road
- Palermo: County Route 45 starting at state route 3 and west for .8-mile
- Volney: County Route 45 starting at county Route 6 and west for .8-mile
- Volney: County Route 45 between county Route 176 and Distin Road
- Volney: County Route 45 between Distin Road and County Route 53
- Scriba: County Route 4 starting at County Route 53 and west for .8-mile
- Schroeppel: County Route 33 between county Route 12 and Chesbro Road
The highway department has scheduled three bridge projects:
- Richland: County Route 41 over Grindstone Creek, currently closed and being worked on.
- Hastings: County Route 37 over Caughdenoy Creek. Scheduled to close late July and re-open before school starts.
- Mexico: River Street over the Little Salmon River. Scheduled for late summer-early fall.
Ospelt reminds motorists to be alert for lane changes, obey posted speed limits, and follow instructions in all construction zones.
For more information on county highway projects, contact the County Highway Department weekdays at 349-8331 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 8331. For information on major road construction projects across New York State, visit http://www3.travelinfony.com/carsgoogle/.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?