Oswego County News Release
Oswego County Public Information Office, 46 East Bridge St., Oswego, NY 13126

[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]

August 25, 2008

Youth Bureau Schedules Bidder's Conferences for State Funding Applications

Not-for-profit organizations have until Oct. 22 to apply for grant funds through the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau and the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.

New applicants must attend a bidder's conference before submitting an application.

The Youth Bureau has scheduled two bidders' conferences to review the guidelines and assist with the application process. They will be held at 3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15, and at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16, in the second floor administrative conference room at the Oswego County Office Complex, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.

“These state grant funds are allocated annually by the Youth Bureau board of directors to not-for-profit agencies,” said Youth Bureau Director Kathleen Fenlon. “There will be less funding available in 2009 than in previous years. The Youth Bureau board of directors will carefully consider each proposal to ensure that a large cross-section of youth are served from different age groups and geographic areas of Oswego County.”

Applications will be accepted in two categories. Youth Development Delinquency Prevention (YDDP) funds are intended to support services that provide opportunities for positive youth development and help youth attain the developmental assets needed to grow up to be competent, caring and healthy adults. The Special Delinquency Prevention Program (SDPP) supports services that are aimed at keeping youth from becoming involved in the juvenile justice system or being chronically dependent on the human services system.

Programs supported by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services cannot charge a fee for participation. For further information, those interested may contact Brian Chetney at the Youth Bureau at 349-3451 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3451.

Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?