[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Oct. 19, 2010
Voters in Several Communities Have New Polling Sites on Election Day
Voters in many Oswego County communities have new polling places this fall. Election Commissioners Donald Wart and Richard Atkins said several polling spots were consolidated or moved this fall in order to accommodate the new optical scan voting systems and improve accessibility to people with disabilities.
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Election Day, Nov. 2. Poll sites that have been consolidated or moved are as follows:
- Constantia: Districts 1 and 3 now vote in the Cleveland Village Hall. Voters previously voted at the Cleveland Fire Department.
- Oswego Town: District 7 now vote in Room 130 of the SUNY Student Center; previously they voted in Hewitt Union.
- Parish: Districts 1 and 2 now vote in the Parish Fire Station; voters previously used the Village Gymnasium.
- Richland: District 6 now vote in the Snow Memorial Building. Previously they voted in the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse. (Richland District 2 will continue to vote at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse.)
- Sandy Creek: Districts 1, 2 and 3 now vote in the Sandy Creek Town Hall. In 2009 voters used the temporary site at the Samaritan Health Center
- Schroeppel: District 5 now vote at the Pennellville Methodist Church. Previously they voted at the Caughdenoy West Side Fire Station. (Schroeppel District 6 will continue to vote at the Caughdenoy West Side Fire Station.)
- Oswego 1st Ward: Districts 1, 2 and 3 now vote at the Salvation Army Citadel. These districts previously voted at the McCrobie Building.
- Oswego 4th Ward: Districts 3 and 4 now vote in St. Paul's Church. Previously they voted in St. Peter's Club House.
- Oswego 5th Ward: Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 now vote in the Elim Grace Christian Church. Previous site was the Cullinan Ice Rink.
- Oswego 6th Ward: District 1 now vote in Oswego Health Services Center; previously they voted in the Grace Lutheran Church.
- Oswego 7th Ward: Districts 1 and 2 now vote in the Faith United Church. Previously they voted at the Ancient Order of Hibernians.
- Fulton 3rd Ward: District 1 now vote in the Fulton War Memorial; previously people voted in the Lanigan School.
- Fulton 3rd Ward: District 2 now vote in the Fulton War Memorial; previously they voted in the Crossroads Tabernacle Church.
- Fulton 5th Ward: District 2 now vote in the First United Church of Fulton. They previously voted in the Fairgrieve School.
All other poll sites remain unchanged. People can find out where to vote by visiting the "Voter Information" section of the Board of Election's Web site at oswegocounty.com/boe or www.vote-ny.com.
Enter the information requested and the poll site address will appear. Those who need directions to the poll site, may click on "Get Directions" and a map to the poll site will be provided. For more information or instructions on using the optical scan voting machine, visit the Web site or call the Oswego County Board of Elections at 315-349-VOTE (8683).
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?