August 19, 2011
Pulaski Hosts August Meeting of the Oswego County Legislature
The Oswego County Legislature recently held its August meeting at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse in Pulaski. The annual meeting is in keeping with a 20-year tradition of honoring the county's heritage as a half-shire county. Before 1902, Oswego County was known as a "two-shire county" and had jury districts in Oswego and Pulaski. The Pulaski courthouse was originally built in 1812 at a cost of $1,500 and has been expanded and renovated several times over the years. On September 12, 1985, the building was dedicated to former state Senator H. Douglas Barclay.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?