[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Jan. 12, 2012
Legislature Chairman Beardsley Announces Standing Committee Assignments
OSWEGO – Oswego County Legislature Chairman Fred Beardsley (District 9, Central Square) today announced appointments to the County Legislature's standing committees for 2012. The seven committees oversee departments of county government and make budgetary and policy recommendations to the full Legislature.
The new standing committees are:
- Community and Consumer Affairs: Terry Wilbur (District 21, Hannibal), chairman; John Martino (District 6, Hastings), vice chairman; Daniel Chalifoux (District 19, Minetto); Mary Flett (District 17, Oswego); Kevin Gardner (District 13, New Haven); Robert Hayes (District 10, Phoenix); and Jacob Mulcahey (District 15, Oswego). The committee oversees the Board of Elections, Central Services Department, County Clerk's Office, Real Property Tax Service, and Weights and Measures Office, and meets at 2 p.m. on Wednesdays two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
- Economic Development and Planning: Louella LeClair (District 25, Fulton), chairwoman; Morris Sorbello (District 23, Granby), vice chairman; Daniel Farfaglia (District 24, Fulton); Daniel LeClair (District 8, Palermo); Ronald Sakonyi (District 5, Constantia); Amy Tresidder (District 16, Oswego); and Arthur Ospelt (District 12, Pennellville). The committee oversees the Department of Community Development, Tourism and Planning and several authorized agencies and meets at 10 a.m. on Tuesday two weeks before the Legislature's full meeting.
- Finance and Personnel: Arthur Ospelt, chairman; Daniel Chalifoux, vice chairman; Robert Hayes; Michael Kunzwiler (District 18, Oswego); Louella LeClair; Milferd Potter (District 2, Orwell); and John Proud (District 7, Mexico). The committee oversees the County Audit Office, County Administrator's Office, County Treasurer's Office, Personnel and Purchasing Departments, and meets at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays one week before the full Legislature meeting.
- Health and Human Services: John Proud, chairman; Ronald Sakonyi, vice chairman; James Karasek (District 22, Fulton); Margaret Kastler (District 1, Sandy Creek); Douglas Malone (District 20, Town of Oswego); Amy Tresidder; Morris Sorbello; and Terry Wilbur. The committee oversees the county departments of Social Services, Health, Office for the Aging, Veterans' Services and Youth Bureau. Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on the Wednesday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
- Infrastructure and Facilities: James Oldenburg (District 14, Scriba), chairman; Kevin Gardner, vice chairman; Daniel Chalifoux; David Holst (District 4, Amboy); Linda Lockwood (District 11, Volney); John Martino; and Jacob Mulcahey. The Infrastructure and Facilities Committee is responsible for policies and legislation regarding the County Airport, the Buildings and Grounds Department, Highway, Solid Waste, and Energy Recovery Facility. The committee meets at 2 p.m. on the Tuesday two weeks before the Legislature meeting.
- Public Safety and Emergency Services: Linda Lockwood, chairwoman; Robert Hayes, vice chairman; Shawn Doyle (District 3, Pulaski); Daniel Farfaglia; Mary Flett; David Holst, and Daniel LeClair. The committee oversees the E-911 Program, Emergency Management Office, Fire Coordinator's Office, Probation Department and Sheriff's Office. Meetings are held at 2 p.m. on the Monday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
- Strategic Planning and Government: Milferd Potter, chairman; James Karasek, vice chairman; Shawn Doyle, Margaret Kastler, Michael Kunzwiler, Douglas Malone, and James Oldenburg. The committee oversees the Clerk of the Legislature's Office, County Attorney's Office, County Legislature and Office of the Chairman, and the District Attorney's Office. Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on Monday two weeks prior to the full Legislature meeting.
Committee meetings, which are open to the public, are held in the County Office Building at 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego. Meeting agendas are posted on the county government Web site at oswegocounty.com/legislature/meetings/agenda.html
For more information, contact the Office of the Chairman of the County Legislature at 349-8230 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 8230.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?