June 24, 2016
Youth Bureau Hosts Traveling Arts in the Parks This Summer
OSWEGO COUNTY - The Oswego City-County Youth Bureau will sponsor an exciting variety of performances for children and families through the Traveling Arts in the Parks series this summer. Each event is free and open to the public.
- Chris Wheel appears Wednesday, June 29 at 7 p.m. at Movies in the Park in East Park, East Bridge Street, Oswego. Wheel will wow the audience as he goes around the park performing mind-blowing illusions.
- G and G Animals bring the fun twice this summer with their exotic animals. Their first appearance is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 20 at Movies in the Park at East Park in Oswego. They will also appear at Movies in the Park on Wednesday, Aug. 17 at Voorhees Park on South Fourth Street in Fulton. "Zootopia" will be shown at dark at both events.
- Wade Live performs his side-splitting, logic defying magic and comedy show at two parks Monday, Aug. 1. His first performance will take place at 10 a.m. at Goettel Community Park on U.S. Route 11 in Central Square. He'll then head to Palermo Town Park on County Route 45 for a 1:30 p.m. performance. Using his quick wit, interactive magic, and a playful spirit, Wade astounds, mystifies and thoroughly entertains audiences.
- The Museum of Science and Technology (MOST) bring their Traveling Science Program to the CYO, 365 W. First St. South, Fulton at 1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11. They will present their very exciting program "Super Hero Science: The Power Behind the Hero," which is sure to be a blast!
- Bubblemania with Doug Rougeux brings his Bubblecircus show to the Town of Schroeppel Family Fun Day at 12 noon Saturday, Aug. 13. Keeping bubbles fresh for two decades, Rougeux enthralls his audiences with his amazing shows that combine bubbles, juggling and humor.
Traveling Arts in the Parks is funded by Oswego County, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, Kiwanis Club, and participating agencies and municipal programs.
For more information about Traveling Arts in the Parks, contact Sam Crisafulli at the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau, phone 315-349-3451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. .
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?