October 14, 2016
COUNTY RECOGNIZES MINETTO CENTENNIAL - The Oswego County Legislature recently recognized the town of Minetto on its centennial and joins in celebrating its proud heritage and promising future. The newest and smallest township in the county was formed on February 26, 1916. Once the site of the Minetto Shade Cloth Company, later known as Columbia Mills, Minetto was also home to two groceries, a drug store, hardware store, barber shop, beauty parlor, two auto garages, two doctors, a post office, New York State Trooper barracks, a fire department, American Legion post, and the DuBois Hotel. Pictured from left are Legislator Daniel T. Farfaglia, District 24; Minetto Town Supervisor David Domicolo; and Legislator Marie C. Schadt, District 19.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?