[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
November 18, 2016
City of Oswego Holiday Tree Lighting Nov. 26 -
Day-Long Event Expands to Include New Activities for the Entire Family
Oswego - The City of Oswego will be full of holiday cheer Saturday, Nov. 26 at the annual tree lighting event coordinated by the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau and hosted by Mayor William Barlow Jr.
A full day of fun family activities is scheduled, including pictures with Santa and new activities such as an outdoor skating surface. The event kicks off with the annual Holiday Expo at 9 a.m. in the YMCA Armory with more than 40 vendors, children's activities, food and holiday music. At 12 p.m., part of Civic Plaza will be transformed into an ice skating surface to allow people of all ages the opportunity to have some fun outside. Skates will be available for use on what is being described as a "large interactive decoration" in the plaza.
At 2 p.m., the children's parade, led by Santa himself, will make its way down West Second Street to City Hall where Santa will have his picture taken with children from 2:30 to 5 p.m. A full slate of activities will kick off at Civic Plaza at 4:45 p.m. with the tree lighting at 6 p.m. Performances and skating will be held throughout the evening, ending at 10 p.m.
Schedule of activities Nov. 26:
- 9 a.m. -2 p.m.: Holiday Expo at the Oswego Armory, sponsored by Oswego Kiwanis Club featuring "make and take" gifts for kids.
- 10 a.m. -2 p.m.: Day of Sharing /Toys for Tots at the Oswego Elks Club
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Horse and carriage rides starting in front of City Hall on West First Street
- 12 noon - 10 p.m.: Ice skating at Civic Plaza
- 2 p.m.: Children's parade sponsored by I Heart Oswego, starting at 29 W. Seneca St. and ending at City Hall
- 2:30 - 5 p.m.: Santa Claus at City Hall with hot cocoa and cookies inside provided by the Oswego Lions Club
Main Stage at Civic Plaza:
- 12 noon -4:30 p.m. and 8 -10 p.m.: Holiday music provided by Just Push Play Productions
- 4:30 p.m.: Tree lighting program begins at the Main Stage.
Performances scheduled as follows:
- "Crumpet the Elf " performed by Theatre De Jour
- Oswego High School Chamber Singers
- Welcome address by City of Oswego Mayor William Barlow Jr.
- Vocal performance by Olivia Flint
- "A Dickens Christmas" performed by Oswego Players
- Coloring contest and story contest winners announced
- Performance by Edge Artistic Dance Center
- "T'was the Night Before Christmas" read by Kevin Carracioli
- Official tree lighting at 6 p.m.
- 6 -8 p.m.: Vocal performance by singer Kay Burke
- Food vendors will be on West First Street starting at noon.
- Big Kahuna Party Rentals will be in Civic Plaza with popcorn at 2 p.m.
- Haley "Starry Skies" Watts will be in Civic Plaza creating balloon animals at 2 p.m.
- Magician at Civic Plaza from 3-4p.m.
- Oswego Sunrise Rotary Club outside at Civic Plaza at 6 p.m. with hot cocoa and donuts.
For more information about the tree lighting event, contact Jennifer Losurdo at the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau, phone 315-349-3451, or email at email@example.com.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?