[Public Information Main Menu] [Oswego County Homepage]
Feb. 27, 2017
Camp Hollis is Accepting Employment Applications for the 2017 Camp Season
OSWEGO - Summer is right around the corner and the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau is accepting applications for the following positions at Camp Hollis:
- Camp Co-Directors: Must have Bachelor's degree in recreation, education or related field or be 25 years of age with experience in camps and/or recreation. Supervision and management of camp staff, programs and resources required. Maintain high levels and standards of camper satisfaction, staff morale, safety and security as specified by the Department of Health and the Coordinator of Recreation and Youth Development. May- end of August $7090.00/summer.
- Cook/Night Kitchen Supervisor: Must be at least 18 years of age, have at least 1 year of training or experience in professional kitchen work. Experience supervising teenagers or working with children is desired. June 14-Aug. 12. $3,783.00/summer.
- Group Activity Leader: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. Skills and activity planning a must. June 18-Aug. 11. $2,940.00/summer.
- Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. June 19 - Aug. 12. $2,716.00/summer.
- Waterfront Director: Must be at least 21 years of age, have current WSI certificates and 3 seasons life guarding experience. June 18 - Aug 11. $2,940.00/summer.
- Lifeguard/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, have current lifesaving and CPR certificates and experience in recreation or childcare. June 19 to Aug. 12. $2,758.00/summer.
- Senior Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work, supervision and childcare experience. June 18 to Aug. 11. $2,800.00/summer.
- Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work and childcare experience. June 18 to Aug. 11. $2,716.00.
- Camp Nurse: Must be a Certified or Licensed Physician, Physician Assistant (PA), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with experience in Nursing and First Aid. June 19 to Aug 12. Daytime and Nighttime shift rates.
- Weekend Camp Host/Hostess: Experience in customer service and rental group management. Willing to work days and overnights when groups are at camp. Security guarding experience preferred. May 1- October 31.
Residency for most staff is required from Sunday afternoon through Friday evening each week, with weekends off during the summer.
Camp Hollis is a children's residential camp located in the town of Oswego on the shore of Lake Ontario with a strong focus on outdoor recreation and nature. Children ages 8 to 14 attend camp for one week and participate in a variety of summer camp activities.
Camp Hollis is owned by Oswego County and operated by the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau as a residential camp. The facility is also available to rent starting the beginning of May through October for use by families, clubs, school groups and other organizations.
Camp Hollis is located at 40 Health Camp Road, off Lakeshore Road in the town of Oswego. Those seeking more information may call the Youth Bureau at 315-349-3451 or contact Matthew Wood by email at email@example.com.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?