Human Services Committee
Responsibilities and Minutes
[Legislature Homepage] [Oswego County Homepage]
This committee shall deal with all matters pertaining to: County Departments - Department of Social Services, Office for the Aging, Veterans' Services, and Youth Bureau.
- Department of Social Services income maintenance and medical assistance programs, children and adult services, and related social services programs;
- The Social Services Advisory Committee, the Community Services Board and Child Protection Advisory Council and serve as a liaison between these and the Legislature;
- Federal, state and regional employment funds, grants and programs, economic development and employment programs and summer employment programs;
- The Workforce Development Board.
- The following agencies: Association for Retarded Children, Council on Alcoholism, Farnham Youth Development Center, Mental Health Association, Oswego Hospital, Oswego Industries, Inc., and Oswego County Opportunities.
- Human services delivery pertaining to aging, youth, veterans, school districts, and other human relationship programs;
- The Aging Advisory Council and the Youth Advisory Council and serve as liaison between the respective committees and the Legislature;
- Parks and Recreation;
- The Senior Nutrition Program;
- Camp Hollis.
Health & Human Services Committee 2013 Meeting Schedule:
Wednesdays at 2 p.m. on the following dates: