Close Custody....................................Wednesday and Saturday ONLY, 8:45am to 9:45am
All Other Classifications............................Wednesday through Sunday, 8:45am to 9:45, 10:00am to 11:00am, 12:45pm to 1:45pm, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
Schedule a Visit
Seating is limited. To ensure you are able to visit an inmante you should schedule your visit in advance
* To schedule an inmate visit you can call the Jail Receptionist at 349-3346 between 8:00am and 3:30pm.
* You may reserve a time several days in advance but, you may only schedule ONE (1) visit at a time.
* If you are unable to keep your scheduled visit, please call the Jail Receptionist to CANCEL.
* All visitors must sign in with the receptionist at least 10 minutes prior to visit.
If not signed in by this time, your visit will be cancelled and others will be allowed to fill the vacancy.
* Inmates are only allowed 1 visiting hour per day twice a week.
* Any visitor who is currently on Probation or Parole must provide written authorization to visit.
PROPER IDENTIFICATION is required for anyone wishing to visit an inmate. Identification is required every time you attend an inmate visit.
The only acceptable types of identification are:
* Children UNDER the age of Twelve (12) need an ORIGINAL Birth Certificate with an official raised seal.
* Children OVER the age of Twelve (12) need a valid picture I.D., showing their Date-of-Birth.
* NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN (16) will be permitted to visit unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
* Visitors, ages 16 and 17 must provide valid picture I.D. and a Juvenile Permission form signed by a parent or legal guardian in the presence of an OCSD Correction Officer or the Jail Receptionist. Juvenile Permission forms may also be completed at home and NOTORIZED before a Notary Public.
PROPER ATTIRE IS REQUIRED
You MUST wear:
NO PERSONAL PROPERTY may be brought into the Visiting Area. All coats, jackets, sweaters, hats, pocketbooks, cigarettes, lighters, matches, keys, sharp objects, knives, pens, pencils, baby bottles, etc. MUST be secured in a facility locker at no cost. If you fail to secure any items that are prohibited from being brought into the facility, you may be denied access and could face criminal charges. You will receive a locker token from the Jail Receptionist in exchange for your photo identification when you sign in. Your identification will be returned upon completion of your visit, in exchange for your locker token.
You will be required to pass through a Metal Detection device before entering the Visitor’s Waiting Area. If you refuse to do so, you will be denied access to Visiting. If you set off the metal detector, you will be asked to check your pockets, remove any items that may set off the alarm and, pass through the metal detector again and, possibly be scanned with a hand-held metal detection device. If you refuse or are unable to successfully pass through the metal detectors without setting off their alarms, you may be denied access to Visiting.
NO PERSONAL PROPERTY will be accepted for inmates. All items that are required are either provided by the facility or, can be purchased through the facility commissary.
MONEY will ONLY be accepted Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 3:30pm or through the U.S. Postal System. We accept Money Orders, Bank Checks or Cash ONLY. Personal checks WILL NOT be accepted.
FACILITY VISITATION RULES are posted in Visitation Waiting and in the Visiting Room. Read and familiarize yourself with these rules. ANY violation of these rules will result in the termination of your visit and, you may also be denied future access.
VISITING RULES and REGULATIONS
INMATES WILL NOT HOLD CHILDREN AT ANY TIME.
ACTIONS THAT ARE NOT DEEMED ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR IN PUBLIC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE VISITING AREA
ANY VIOLATION OF FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR VISIT AND/OR A DISCIPLINARY HEARING FOR THE INMATE
Messages will not be passed to inmates. Please do not ask.
Addresses, phone numbers, etc. can be exchanged VERBALLY at a scheduled visit, sent in through the U.S. Postal Service to an inmate or given to them over the telephone.
Stickers are not allowed. Any stickers applied to envelopes will result in the return of the mail.
Hard cover books are NOT allowed. Inmates have access to material from an inmate leisure library.
BIBLES are available for any inmate through the Facility Chaplain.
Oswego County Correctional Facility
39 Churchill Road
Oswego, New York
Questions about the Oswego County Sheriff's Office?