most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Public Meetings

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

County Treasurer

Office of the Oswego County Treasurer
46 E. Bridge St.
Oswego, New York 13126
Kevin L. Gardner, County Treasurer
Brian Twiss, Deputy County Treasurer

Phone: 315-349-8393

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

This office is closed on major national holidays.

Pay by credit card or check here:  xpress pay log in

PUBLIC NOTICE  If you would like to enter in an installment contract for 2019 Tax Bills, you must bring in proof that you have paid your January 2020 tax bills from your local municipality (Town, Village, City.)

All county and city taxes will not be returned to the County Treasurer's Office until the end of April, after they become delinquent.  The County Treasurer does not have the January 2020 Tax Bill information.  Please contact your local municipality (Town, Village, City) to find out the balance and payment requirements for the January 2020 tax bill.

Department Responsibilities and Services:

  • Chief Fiscal Officer per NYS county law
  • Custodian of county funds and manages county financial investment practices
  • Property tax collection and management, conducts county tax-property auctions
  • Installment agreements on delinquent property taxes - appointments are recommended
  • Community college Certificate of Residence application and information
  • Custodian of court assigned trusts and estates
  • Establishes vendors and manages Electronic Transfer Fund activity for same - Vendor Electronic Funds Transfer Application

Please use the menu links on the left to access information and services offered through the Oswego County Treasurer's office.  

Contact Real Property Tax Office in order to:

  • change your property tax address information or mailing information
  • ask general questions regarding your assessment and exemptions (contact your city or town assessor for detailed information)
  • parcel location and/or tax map information
  • information on the annual tax auction
 Contact County Clerk's Office in order to:
                        *  legally change the name on a deed
    • receive a copy of a deed and/or map
    • obtain a passport
    • obtain an application for a pistol permit
    • file and/or obtain a copy of a Veteran's Discharge Papers
    • apply for a DBA (Doing Business As)
    • obtain Notary Public information
For Oswego County information, contact: County Administrator's Office