NY Connects of Oswego County
What is NY Connects?
- NY Connects is an Information and Referral Program for people of all ages, abilities, caregivers and professionals.
- NY Connects can work with anyone who needs information on long term services and supports children or adults with disabilities, older adults, family members, caregivers, friends or neighbors, veterans, and helping professionals.
- NY Connects can help you find care and support, remain independent, understand care options, find transportation, learn about supports in care giving, find supported employment programs, get answers about Medicare, apply for Medicaid and other benefits.
- Long term services and supports are services which assist those of all ages and abilities to remain as independent as possible.
- Home care options
- Caregiver support
- Care coordination
- Respite care
- Transportation options
- Home delivered meals
- Health insurance information
NYS & Community Resources
- New York State Office for the Aging
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- New York State Office for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Social Security Administration and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- NY Connects of New York State
- Oswego County Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Oswego County Mental Hygiene
- Oswego County Hospice
- ARISE Children and Family Services (Independent Living Center)
- Oswego Health
- Catholic Charities of Oswego County
- Oswego County Office for the Aging
- Community Services Directory
- Nursing and adult homes in Oswego County
- Caring info assists families, individuals and caregivers by providing free resources to help people make decisions about end-of-life care and services
- AARP has a designated section on their web page for caregivers. This page provides articles, blogs and resources on topics in care giving.
A NY Connects professional can assist you on the phone or in person from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday. Please call 315-349-8697 or toll free at 800-342-9871. In person, please visit the NY Connects Office at 70 Bunner St. Oswego, NY.