most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Covid-19 Info

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

Temporary Cash Assistance

Contact Information:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  Due to current State and Federal guidelines regarding Social Distancing, the Department of Social Services has limited seating and waiting capacity in our lobby.  Scheduled appointments are strongly recommended by calling the Assistance Programs unit at 315-963-5021.

Temporary/Cash Assistance Unit:

Program Rules, Income Limits, Documentation Requirements and other information:

Temporary Assistance may be available for Non-Parent Caregivers of Children. Please click on the links below for information:
Know your options: Kin caring for children
Make an informed choice: Kin caring for children
Know your resources: Nonparent caregiver benefits