All loads of waste entering solid waste facilities must be covered.
All waste generated in Oswego County must be disposed of at Oswego County facilities.
- Minor hauler is defined as any person who collects and/or transports solid waste generated within the county as a result of their own business.
- Minor haulers cannot use a residential sticker to dispose of waste.
- Minor haulers are usually landlords, small retail businesses, and construction firms.
- Businesses that do not generate large amounts of waste may weigh and pay at time of disposal instead of obtaining a permit.
- Minor haulers use the transfer stations, materials recovery facility, and energy recovery facility for waste disposal.
- Energy recovery facility access is by approval only and a proximity card is required .
- Major hauler is defined as any person who collects waste generated within Oswego County as a commercial endeavor and any person who collects from multiple locations and/or transports solid waste in significant quantity on a daily or weekly basis; and/or transports waste to a county solid waste facility that requires special handling.
- Major haulers use the Bristol Hill Landfill, energy recovery facility (proximity card required), and material recovery facility for waste disposal.
- Special waste must be pre-approved before being accepted.