most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Covid-19 Info

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

How to (step by step)

Please note that the District Attorney's Office cannot give legal advice. If you have any questions, you will need to contact/hire an attorney. Please do not call the office.

By making a reduction application by mail or email, you are waiving the in-court pretrial conference with an Assistant District Attorney to consider a reduction application. You need to contact the court and request an adjournment, and advise the court that you are attempting to resolve the matter by mail or email. The DA's Office does not grant adjournments, only the court may do that.

Please include:

  • a clear copy of ticket(s)
  • a copy of your Driving Abstract from the DMV
  • a self-addressed, stamped envelope (if applicable)
  • Plea Bargain form
  • proof that you have completed the Alive at 25 program (if applicable)
  • proof that the violation has been resolved (if applicable)
  • a copy of the accident report (MV Form 104A, obtained from the police agency) (if applicable)
  • a letter from your insurance company stating claims have been settled (if applicable)

If you are pleading guilty: mail the ticket(s) to the court in the city/town where the violation(s) occurred. Include a clear copy of the ticket(s) and a self addressed, stamped envelope.
If you are pleading not guilty: mail the ticket(s) in to the court and a trial date will be set. For further information, please contact the court directly.

Once you receive a disposition from our office, you will need to direct all further correspondence to the court. The court will either accept or reject the disposition, and assess any fines. Fines are payable to the court. Any agreement made with the District Attorney's Office is subject to approval of the Court. A case is not disposed of until you receive a receipt from the Court. Any requests for additional time must be made through the Court. KEEP ORIGINAL COPIES OF ALL PAPERWORK. The District Attorney's Office DOES NOT keep copies of your ticket, abstract or disposition. If you have any questions, please contact an attorney. Please do not contact our office.


  • If you are charged with VTL §511(1) and/or §511(1) Aggravated Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle (AUO), you must have cleared with the NYS DMV all matters causing a suspension or revocation of your license. (If you have any questions, contact the DMV or the court which issued the suspension.)
  • A driving abstract is a driving history which can be obtained from your local DMV. 
  • If you do not have a copy of the ticket, please obtain it from the court.
  • It can take approximately six weeks for review and response from the District Attorney's Office once your reduction application has been submitted. We do not keep files for traffic tickets, so if you have not received correspondence back from our office after six weeks, you will need to start the process again.
  • Reductions will not be granted over the phone. Please do not call our office.
  • Mailing address: Oswego County District Attorney's Office, 39 Churchill Rd., Oswego, NY 13126
  • Email address:
  • If you need assistance, please do not call our office. We cannot give legal advice. You will need to contact an attorney.