most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Covid-19 Info

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

Custody and Visitation

A family court judge can order a custody and/or visitation investigation. (Note: There is generally a fee involved which must be paid prior to the start of the investigation.) A home visit is conducted and the children are also interviewed, depending on their age and understanding of the process. The parties can have references contact the probation officer to verify information and the probation officer may also interview teachers, caseworkers, doctors, etc. A report is submitted to the court with a recommendation as to visitation and/or custody. 

For parties that have come to a voluntary agreement in regard to custody/visitation there is no fee. The probation department completes the necessary paperwork with all of the involved parties and forwards the agreement to court.