College Internship Program
An un-paid, volunteer program that provides college students with an opportunity to work within various departments of the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office. Interns will be assigned various tasks during their shift hours, to include but are not limited to; clerical work, equipment maintenance, civil processes, interview conducting observance and road patrol ride-alongs. Interns are expected to follow the dress code and work policy provided upon application as well as conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner at all times. Interns will also be subject to a brief interview with the Sheriff’s Office administration prior to approval as well as at the conclusion of the internship. Illegal use of controlled substances or drug use will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate dismissal from the program. Military Service discharge paperwork may be requested if applicable. For further information and forms, please contact Sergeant Kristy Crast at 315-349-3336.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Some traffic infractions or offenses may be grounds for dismissal and will be considered on an individual basis.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Must be in good academic standing within your college or university and possess a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Must not have any felony charge convictions. Misdemeanor and felony arrest charges may be grounds for dismissal and will be considered on an individual basis.
Upon acquisition of an internship, applicants will need to complete the following:
- A cover letter depicting your reasons and interests for applying.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from professional contacts.
- Provide your most current grade point average report
- Complete a written application.
- Consent to and sign a confidentiality waiver and criminal history check waiver.
Deadlines for receipt of submissions are as follows:
- Fall semester- August 15th
- Spring semester- November 15th
- Summer semester- April 1st
Please send completed applications and forms to:
Oswego County Sheriff’s Office
39 Churchill Rd.
Oswego, NY 13126
Attn: Sergeant Kristy Crast