Visiting Times: Effective July 19, 2017
Close Custody....................................Wednesday and Saturday ONLY, 8:30 am to 9:30 am
All Other Classifications............................Wednesday through Sunday, 8:30 am to 9:30 am, 10 am to 11 am, 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm, 2 pm to 3 pm
Schedule a Visit
Seating is limited. To ensure you are able to visit an inmate you must schedule your visit in advance
* To schedule an inmate visit you can call the Jail Receptionist at 315-349-3346 between 8 am and 3:30 pm.
* You may reserve a time several days in advance but, you may only schedule ONE (1) visit at a time.
* If you are unable to keep your scheduled visit, please call the Jail Receptionist to CANCEL.
- - if you fail to cancel a scheduled visit in advance three (3) times, you will be required to follow the facility's walk-in visitation procedure for the remainder of the inmate's incarceration.
* All visitors must sign in with the receptionist at least 10 minutes prior to visit. If not signed in by this time, your visit will be cancelled.
* Inmates are only allowed one visiting hour per day twice a week.
* Any visitor who is currently on probation or parole must provide written authorization to visit.
PROPER IDENTIFICATION is required for anyone wishing to visit an inmate. Identification is required every time you attend an inmate visit.
The only acceptable types of identification are:
- *State Driver's License
- *Non-Driver's Identification card
- *Military I.D.
- *Other government issued picture I.D. (local, state or federal)
* Children UNDER the age of 16 need an ORIGINAL birth certificate with an official raised seal.
* NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 will be permitted to visit unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
* Visitors, ages 16 and 17 must provide an adequate picture I.D. and a juvenile permission form signed by a parent or legal guardian in the presence of an OCSD correction officer or the jail receptionist. Juvenile permission forms may also be completed at home and notarized before a Notary Public.
Visits will NOT be allowed until all paperwork has been properly completed
PROPER ATTIRE IS REQUIRED
You MUST wear:
- >>A shirt or blouse (NO halter tops, tank, crop or tube tops),
- >>Pants/slacks/shorts (NO short-shorts),
- >>Dress/skirt (appropriate length required, NO mini-skirts) and,
- >>Appropriate footwear (NO shower or beach shoes allowed)
NO PERSONAL PROPERTY may be brought into the visiting area. All coats, jackets, sweaters, hats, pocketbooks, cigarettes, lighters, matches, keys, sharp objects, knives, pens, pencils, baby bottles, etc. MUST be secured in a facility locker at no cost. If you fail to secure any items that are prohibited from being brought into the facility, you may be denied access and could face criminal charges. You will receive a locker token from the jail receptionist in exchange for your photo identification when you sign in. Your identification will be returned upon completion of your visit, in exchange for your locker token.
You will be required to pass through a metal detection device before entering the visitor’s waiting area. If you refuse to do so, you will be denied access to visiting. If you set off the metal detector, you will be asked to check your pockets, remove any items that may set off the alarm and, pass through the metal detector again and, possibly be scanned with a hand-held metal detection device. If you refuse or are unable to successfully pass through the metal detectors without setting off their alarms, you may be denied access to visiting.
NO PERSONAL PROPERTY will be accepted for inmates. All items that are required are either provided by the facility or, can be purchased through the facility commissary.
MONEY will ONLY be accepted Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 3:30 pm or through the U.S. Postal System. We accept money orders, bank checks or cash ONLY. Personal checks WILL NOT be accepted.
FACILITY VISITATION RULES are posted in visitation waiting and in the visiting room. Read and familiarize yourself with these rules. ANY violation of these rules will result in the termination of your visit and, you may also be denied future access.
VISITING RULES and REGULATIONS
- 1. NO profanity
- 2. NO yelling or Loud conversations. Respect other peoples privacy
- 3. NO Visiting between groups
- 4. NO items will be brought into the Visiting Area
- 5. NO items will be passed between individuals
- 6. Once you are seated, you MUST stay seated until your visit is finished
- 7. If you leave the Visiting Room for any reason, the visit is terminated
- 8. Any action that is a violation of facility rules and regulations is PROHIBITED
- 9. A BRIEF kiss will be allowed at the beginning and end of your visit
- 10. Feet must remain on the floor
INMATES WILL NOT HOLD CHILDREN AT ANY TIME.
ACTIONS THAT ARE NOT DEEMED ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR IN PUBLIC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE VISITING AREA
ANY VIOLATION OF FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR VISIT AND/OR A DISCIPLINARY HEARING FOR THE INMATE
Messages will not be passed to inmates. Please do not ask.
Addresses, phone numbers, etc. can be exchanged VERBALLY at a scheduled visit, sent in through the U.S. Postal Service to an inmate or given to them over the telephone.
Stickers are not allowed. Any stickers applied to envelopes will result in the return of the mail.
Hard cover books are NOT allowed. Inmates have access to material from an inmate leisure library.
BIBLES are available for any inmate through the facility Chaplain.
Oswego County Correctional Facility
39 Churchill Rd.
Oswego, NY 13126