General Election, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 from 6AM-9PM
All poll sites in Oswego County will be open on Election Day for those wishing to vote in-person on the day.
Poll Site Operations for Election Day: in accordance with state and federal guidelines, every poll site will observe altered processes for voting on Election Day:
- Social Distancing measures will be enforced
- Surfaces, writing utensils and machines will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Masks will be provided and worn by poll workers and voters medically able to wear one. Individuals needing to vote without a mask will be required to wait until all other voters have finished and left the poll site.
Absentee Voting: due to the pandemic, anyone who wishes to may cast an Absentee Ballot for this November. You can request an Absentee Ballot the following ways-
- Paper Application - submit a Absentee Ballot Application to the Board of Elections office via mail or in person. To get a paper application, you may download one here or call the Board of Elections office and request one be sent to you.
- Apply Online - apply for an Absentee Ballot online through the state website here: New York State Electronic Absentee Ballot Application Porthole
- Mail-Return ballots must be postmarked by November 3 (Election Day).
- In-Person Return to the Board of Elections office can be submitted Monday-Friday, 9 am until 4:30 pm through November 3 (Election Day) or during any of our Early Voting hours. Voters may also vote absentee in-person at the Board of Elections office once the ballots are available. You may call our office in the beginning of October to confirm that they are ready prior to stopping by.
- Election Day Drop-Off will be available at each poll site on November 3. Tamper-resistant drop boxes will be located at our Early Voting poll site and at all poll sites on Election Day. They will be sealed and secured to prevent them being moved or taken. There will be adequate signage posted to instruct the voter that they do not have to wait in line and that they may enter and drop their absentee ballot in the box.