most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Covid-19 Info

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

Business Certificates

In accordance with New York State General Business law (section 130), the county clerk accepts  certificates of persons conducting business under an assumed business name, commonly referred to as a DBA (doing business as).

DBA's and partnerships are done right  on the computer here in our office. In order to open a DBA or partnership you (and any partners)  must have a valid proof of ID, the name and address of the business you would like to open, and $41. We will provide you with two certified copies of your business certificate. 
*We suggest that you have a few business names in mind, in case your first choice is already taken. 

Discontinuance of a DBA or partnership is done here in our office as well. If it is a partnership, all partners must be in attendance to discontinue the business. The fee to discontinue a DBA or partnership is $1. 

For additional information, please call 315-349-8618 

Additional Resources 
To get  your NY Sales Tax ID:
SUNY Oswego Small Business Development Center:
LLC Information: