most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Covid-19 Info

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

Deeds & Mortgages

The county clerk's office keeps record of all real property transfers and mortgages on properties, in  addition to other real property records. These records are available to the public and are available for research and copies. 

Filing a deed 
When property gets transferred from owner to owner, a new deed must be filed. Many times this is done by an attorney's office. If you choose to file your own deed, you will need the Tp-584 and the RP-5217 that are linked below. It is also highly recommended that you use our cover sheet to appropriately calculate the fees.  
*We do not have new deeds or deed forms in our office. You must provide a new deed. 

Copies of Deeds, Mortgages, and Other Public Records 
Copies of deeds, mortgages, or other public records are available by coming into our office, emailing us at, or calling 315-349-8621. Regular copies start at $.65/page and certified copies start at $5. We are able to accept cash, check, or credit card in our office or a credit card via phone/email. 

Public computers and books are available in our large records room for research of real property records Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 

Useful Links
Fraud Notifications For Oswego County 
RP5217 or Click Here to Download the Fillable Version of the PDF
County Clerk Cover Sheet

Department of Taxation and Finance: