Finance and Personnel
This committee shall deal with all matters pertaining to: County Departments - Audit, County Administrator, County Treasurer, Personnel, Purchasing
- Audit and the investment of funds and bonding;
- Fixed assets inventory;
- The following Legislative Accounts: municipal association dues, judgments and claims, and community colleges;
- Donations of funds or assets to the County.
- This Committee shall review and make recommendations to the legislature with regards to all resolutions carrying an appropriation or transfer of funds and shall assist the Budget Officer in development the annual tentative budget. Where there is no authorizing committee to approve or disapprove expenditures, this Committee shall approve or disapprove same;
- This Committee shall assist the Chairman of the Legislature and County Administrator in dealing with the overall administration of County Government, and assist in making recommendations on the operating policy and county affairs.
- Civil Service, personnel policies and procedure, employee relations, equal employment opportunities, employee benefit plans, staff development, and occupational safety programs;
- The County's health and worker's compensation insurance, including a risk management and self-insurance program;
- The terms and conditions of employment including the negotiation and administration of contractual agreements with the recognized bargaining units for the county's represented employees;
- The terms and conditions of employment of County Officials, including the managerial and unrepresented personnel and all remaining individuals in the employment of Oswego County