- Preschool Services
- High School Equivalency (TASC) Exam Services
- Adult Literacy Services
- Career Training & Employment Services
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Disability Services
- Important Links
Preschool ServicesWhat help is available for preschool age children?
- Oswego County Opportunities (OCO) offers Head Start preschool programs in Fulton, Oswego, Phoenix, Mexico, Central Square and Williamstown. Head Start is a program for eligible 3 and 4 year olds to prepare children for Kindergarten. For more information about programs and locations contact 315-598-4711 or visit www.oco.org/education
- Many districts in Oswego County provide Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) to help 4 year old children learn and prepare for school. Contact your local school district for more information about UPK.
- Your local library has books, special events like story hours and other resources for young children and people of all ages. Locate your local library here:www.web.ncls.org
High School Equivalency (TASC) Exam ServicesWhat help is available for adults that didn't graduate high school?
- There are several classes throughout Oswego County for people to study for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) exam. Individuals that pass the TASC exam receive a High School Equivalency Diploma from the New York State Education Department. The TASC has replaced the GED in New York State.
- The Center for Instruction Technology and Innovation (CiTi) BOCES offers High School Equivalency classes in Pulaski, Central Square, Mexico and Oswego. Call 315-963-4256 or visit www.citiboces.org for program information.
- The Fulton City School District provides High School Equivalency classes in Fulton. Call (315) 593-5529 for program information.
Adult Literacy ServicesWhat help is available for adults that struggle to read or write?
- Literacy Volunteers (LV) matches one-to one volunteer tutors with learners. LV provides confidential tutoring services at no cost to the student creating opportunities for adults to achieve personal independence and self-determination by building their basic literacy skills. OCO Literacy Volunteers operates throughout Oswego County. For more information call 315-342-8839 or visitwww.oco.org/education
Career Training & Employment ServicesWhat help is available for adults that want to learn skills to begin a new career?
- The Center for Instruction Technology and Innovation (CiTi) BOCES provides programs that prepare adults for in-demand careers in Health Occupations and Trade & Technology. Students are career ready in less than one year! For more information call (315) 963-4256 or visit www.citiboces.org
- Cayuga Community College offers a wide range of degree and certificate programs at their campus on Route 481 in Fulton. For more information call 315-592-4143 or visit www.cayuga-cc.edu
- Oswego County's Workforce NY One Stop Center provides adults with assistance with finding employment and may be able to assist with funding for further training in certain circumstances. For more information call 315-591-9000 or visit www.yourcareerconnection.org
- The Center for Instruction Technology and Innovation (CiTi) BOCES provides English as a Second Language (ESL) classes in Oswego and Fulton. For more information call 315- 963-4256 or visit www.citiboces.org
- OCO Literacy Volunteers (LV) matches one-to one volunteer tutors with English Language Learners throughout Oswego County. For more information call 315-342-8839 or visitwww.oco.org
- ARISE, Inc. provides a wide range of services for adults with disabilities. For more information call 315-342-4088 or visit www.ariseinc.org
- Oswego Industries, Inc. provides programs and services for adults with disabilities. For more information call 315-598-3108 or visit www.oswegoindustriesinc.org
- ACCES-VR assists individuals with disabilities to achieve and maintain employment and to support independent living through training, education, rehabilitation, and career development. For more information call 315-428-4179 or 1-800-782-6164 or visit www.acces.nysed.gov
- Literacy Volunteers of Oswego County
- National Coalition for Literacy
- Oswego County Workforce Development Board and Oswego County Employment & Training
- Oswego County Head Start
- The Center for Instruction Technology & Innovation (CiTi)
- Oswego County Cooperative Extension
- Oswego County Department of Social Services
- Oswego Public Library
Questions about the Literacy Coalition of Oswego County?