most requested services

Latest News Departments Tax Info Apply For... Public Meetings

stay connected


Contact Us

800-596-3200 Citizen Request

County Treasurer

Office of the Oswego County Treasurer
46 E. Bridge St.
Oswego, New York 13126
Kevin L. Gardner, County Treasurer
Phone: 315-349-8393

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

This office is closed on major national holidays.

Pay by credit card or check here:  xpress pay log in

PUBLIC NOTICE: Anyone with delinquent property taxes with a foreclosure deadline of January 31, 2020, who would like to enter into an installment contract, must do so by January 17, 2020January 13th is the last day to pay in full to avoid foreclosure. All county and city taxes will not be returned to the County Treasurer's Office until the end of April.

Department Responsibilities and Services:

  • Chief Fiscal Officer per NYS county law
  • Custodian of county funds and manages county financial investment practices
  • Property tax collection and management, conducts county tax-property auctions
  • Installment agreements on delinquent property taxes - appointments are recommended
  • Community college Certificate of Residence application and information
  • Custodian of court assigned trusts and estates
  • Establishes vendors and manages Electronic Transfer Fund activity for same - Vendor Electronic Funds Transfer Application

Please use the menu links on the left to access information and services offered through the Oswego County Treasurer's office.  

Contact Real Property Tax Office in order to:

  • change your property tax address information
  • ask general questions regarding your assessment and exemptions (contact your city or town assessor for detailed information)
  • parcel location and/or tax map information
  • information on the annual tax auction
 Contact County Clerk's Office in order to:

    • legally change the name on a deed
    • receive a copy of a deed and/or map
    • obtain a passport
    • obtain an application for a pistol permit
    • file and/or obtain a copy of a Veteran's Discharge Papers
    • apply for a DBA (Doing Business As)
    • obtain Notary Public information
For Oswego County information, contact: County Administrator's Office